Tilapia buttikoferi min tank size...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Hey everyone. I just recently got my 135 gallon aquarium and when my mom saw it she was in shock and awe. Well she mentioned that she would love a tank and I asked what she would want and she said a buttikoferi like before and so here I am.

I looked online and it says a min tank size is 75gal and I know that's for the dimensions. Well I got a 53 gallon I could give her for one the dimensions are 48x16x16. Would that be ok long term or permanetly for a single T. buttikeoferi? The tank would be over filtered with 1 or 2 Aquaclear 110's and it would be the only fish in the tank no dithers no pleco's only the solo buttikoferi. Would the 53 be ok? Also it would be me taking care of it so worries about WC's being done is not warranted.

Well let me know what you guys think.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Your only concern, if it's the one tilapia, will be room for the fish to turn around and move in. Thus a 50-60g would be perfect until the fish is 6+". $0.02.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thats what I was assuming but I'm trying to convince her to go with something different that wont need a tank upgrade. I kinda want to try to convince her to go with some rift lake cichlids but got to find a good way to convince her first.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store