gobies & loaches, oh my!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I just got 2 pair stiphodon perc. & 3 gastromyzon cteno from Sho. Whoo hoo! I just turned on the tank lights & everyone is checking things out except 1 loach I can't find. (I'll have to work on being able to spell their names, lol)

I will try for pics soonish, photography isn't my hobby nor is figuring out how to post pics. Maybe I can get my husband to try...

I'm so excited!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
They are indeed, Steph. It's a "riverish" tank with lots plants & powerhead (thank you plant club) I've been trying to get algae growth but transplanting them is not as easy as I'd hoped (who knew algae would be so desirable?). Luckily they all eat Repashy gel foods.

The male gobies are showing a bit of blue on their faces & at times all 4 "dance" like loaches in the powerhead flow!

I love having fish next to my computer again, I can't stop watching! (sorry husband, no attention for you, dinner, bah!)

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Saw all 3 loaches now, whew! 1 seems to have a slightly diffent body shape, fingers crossed it's girl. I don't care so much about breeding right now but I'd love to see some "behaviors" :naughty:

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Saw all 3 loaches now, whew! 1 seems to have a slightly diffent body shape, fingers crossed it's girl. I don't care so much about breeding right now but I'd love to see some "behaviors" :naughty:
The only behavior I got from them was fighting :).

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
They're so cute eating out of their Repashy custard cup. I spent the day checking out some SF shops & going to the plant meet. There were some other bigger stiphodon...Can I add larger gobies with the percs? They were s. semoni ~1.5 inch & "rainbow" I think, a good 2 inches & chunky, just call cling-on gobies, lol. Also sewellia lineolata, on my short list but I may wait to get some young F1's from someone who's bred them. How about panda garra? I had them before & would like them again but maybe not with the tiny percs.

Sho, I've see very little interaction between the gastros, in fact I see only 1 or 2 at any one time, but they still so new. The percs are always out & about, sometimes all together & just a tiny bit of male on male aggro once in a while, time will tell...

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Yea the gastromyzons hide a lot. I only see one or two at the most a day too. They are skittish fishes, from my experience. My sewellias are out all the time that's why they are my favorite. I must warn you, the big male perc. likes chasing the smaller one. It drove me crazy. Maybe it will work out better in your tank as they have more room to hide. Do they dig up your sand? They like hiding under rocks and every morning when I woke up, I would see pits/holes around the big rocks.

I think Aaron has panda garras with his percs and other stiphodons. I'm pretty sure the percs or stiphodons are fast enough to get away from the pandas if they need to. Haha, cling-on gobies:D That's what I would call them too if I did not know what they were.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store