lets see your backgrounds

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Equipment & Maintenance:

To keep a goldfish healthy, remember to provide them with plenty of clean, cool water.
Your goldifsh's temperature should never rise above 73° Fahrenheit, and ideally should remain between 65° and 68,° so you will need a thermometer. Keeping a goldfish above 72° for
long periods of time will result in Oxygen deprivation, which can cause nerve damage, heart damage, and can seriously hamper the immune system, making them more susceptible to many diseases, from easily treatable Ick to nearly untreatable swim bladder infections.
Keep your goldfish in a tank of at least 10 gallons, and make sure that a minimum of 8 gallons of your tank space is dedicated to each goldfish (a 10 gallon tank is really only suitable for one goldfish). This will provide sufficient space for your goldfish, so he can remain healthy, and this will allow the tank to help you keep healthy fish. Perform your weekly 10-15% water changes, so that your goldfish always has clean water and the waste that is not processed by the filter is removed. Your goldfish will need a filter to keep the water from becoming toxic, and you will need to keep the filter in
good condition. When selecting a filter, if you have fancy goldfish, make sure that the filter will not produce excessive current in your tank, and this will make it difficult for the fancy goldfish to swim.

I was planning 1 fish per tank ?? Heavy filtration and water changes.

OH WELL !!!!!!!!!

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Goldfish would look sweet in smaller tanks if they had smaller versions of goldfish... but seeing they can grow close to a foot :S... 10 gallons would go bust.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Goldfish are schooling fish and would be MISERABLE in a ten gallon all alone (sorry about hijacking this thread!)

Mei is over ten inches long. Do you think she would be happy in a ten gallon? And weekly 10-15% changes is NOT adequate either.

You need 15-20 gallons minimum per goldfish. 8 gallons is very, very wrong. You should not keep less than 2-3 goldies together, and that means a 55 gallon or bigger for goldfish. I can't imagine mine in a 55, they would be so cramped!

Now, to get back on topic, here is my tank with the light blue background. It is a bad pic but you get the idea, lol

As you can see above in the picture of my goldy, I have a black background on that tank. It is actually a plastic coated cloth stuck on with Vaseline.

Kristina

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
can we get this thread back on track????

i think a white background would look quite nice but im not sure how it would work with algae diatoms and cyno, it may kinda tint after awhile but it is worth a try.

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
I tried a white background, and I absolutely hated it. Just seemed dull. I decided to stick with black and dark blue.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
can we get this thread back on track????

i think a white background would look quite nice but im not sure how it would work with algae diatoms and cyno, it may kinda tint after awhile but it is worth a try.
Regular cleaning will do the trick as long as it easily accessible.

And ok, no goldies going into my 10's.

dmann

water logged
Jun 19, 2009
florida
you think that if i paint thde back of m y tank white it will grow algea? maybe the inside. but that will come out with my maint. its a 180g so it wont be easily acc. for cleaning

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I'm thinking a white background would make the tank 'milky' looking. I'd never do that, personally. Stick with black, blues and greens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store