Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What types of goldfish do you keep?

• Common/feeder

Votes: 85 29.4%
  • Comet

Votes: 88 30.4%
  • Shubunkin

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Oranda

Votes: 94 32.5%
  • Moor/telescope

Votes: 75 26.0%
  • Ranchu

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Ryukin

Votes: 70 24.2%
  • Fantail

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • Bubble-eye

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Celestial

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Wakin

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Watonai

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pearlscale

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Jikin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Tosakin

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.3%

• Total voters

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
amazing coloured fish there! everyones goldies are so beautiful, i wish i could get decent pics of my guys :goldfish:

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Nice calico, Emg!
Thanks Bishop...it so caught my eye I had to bring it home. It's sharing a 20long at the moment, with a shubunkin that will be going into a large pond come spring. I have plans to turn my 50 reef into a goldie tank when I find a 75 to move the two reefs into. It'll be fine in the 20long till then.

I'll be peeking at the goldfish tanks in the lfs till I find a partner for this one after the shubunkin goes. I better not look till it does though...lol. I don't think 3 medium sized fancies in a 20long is a good idea....already doing 50% changes a week in that tank as it is. (Do orandas come in calico ? That has got to be my favorite color for goldies...)

I'd like to find something like this one here......I saw one similar at the lfs recently, but not having a place for it kept me from bringing it home....bummer ! BTW...I did NOT take this pic...found it online searching for orandas...

BTW.... kyryah....beauttiful tank !! What size is that ?

Last edited:

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thanks Emg :) I thought for a long time that it was an 80 gal, I have a bad habit of just kind of guessing what size a tank is, lol. Usually I am right but this time I was off, when I finally decided to measure and convert, it is a 100 gal. I am stocked a bit heavy, I am aware of this, lol, but I change my water a LOT (2-3X a week) have a ton of filtration, and everybody is growing and acting great. I have two tanks that I am resealing, a 55 gallon and a 50 gallon. My baby goldies are moving into the 55 and my three demekins out of the 100 gal are moving into the 50. That will leave 5 fish in the 100 gal. Come spring, we are building an addition onto the house, and one of the two rooms will be my fish room :D Then I will be setting up my 150 gal that is currently just sitting there, unused, waiting for goldies to live in it :( ;)

Yes there are calico orandas. I haven't seen many, but I have seen a few and they are gorgeous.

Kristina

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
Calico oranda and yellowcap oranda:

The wens are just starting to show, so not very visible in the pic.

DUHK

Registered Member
Nov 25, 2009
Wow, flaringshutter.. Amazing tank. Amazing fish. I always knew goldfish finnage looked nice and was never that amazed but wow.. O_O nice.

kyryah had a beautiful tank as well. I know there were a lot more beautiful tanks out there. Just so many pages to look at >.<

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store