THIS IS AMAZING!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Plecosterone

We don't need no stinking badges!
Jan 25, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is amazing.
There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it. The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence. In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!). When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs. There are six and only six hand-made Honda Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) is parts from those two cars. The voiceover is Garrison Keillor. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real. Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet.
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Although very cool why did they waste so much money making it? especially when it would prob been cheaper and less time consuming to CG it. if this was all done without CG i say it was a waste of time and money.....but kinda hard to believe that it all was real

Siren

Mythological Creature
I'd submit this one to the Mythbusters...remember when they tried the Rube-Goldberg Device? Took them so many takes to get even 1/5 of the things that this one does. Hard for me to believe that this was a single take....

clawlan

Don't harass the sea turtles!
Dec 29, 2006
Atlanta, GA
yea, this has been around for a while. All teh aprts come from an accord. They did "cheat" on one part of the machine. They put weights in the tires for the part that they roll up the ramp. Other than that, its all unaltered parts.

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
show me a behind the scense video, i would watch every minute of it!

russconha

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
Although very cool why did they waste so much money making it? especially when it would prob been cheaper and less time consuming to CG it.
What about the sense of achievement in getting something done? I think it's much cooler to actually do it than just create an image.
People have had the same argument about when the Americans claim to have landed on the moon:joe: After all, that was mirrors and ropes in a Hollywood studio

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
you're comparing space travel to a trick using car parts.......scientific research vs advertisement, dude wtf, and that malarkey about it being the moon landing being fak is just tht......malarky. So yeah Honda is in the business of selling cars not getting a sense of achievement from commercials. save a few million and just have some guy at a computer create the hole thing.....it prob would look better any way......then the guy who created it can hav a sense of achievement with better results. bah russconha u just ruined my morning with that comment, it's goin to take alot of bacon and egg tacos to put me in a better mood.

Last edited:

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
I knew there was a reason why I liked Hondas so much.

v/r, N-A

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store