A quick pleco question.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tha cichlid man

University Of South Central
Oct 23, 2005
Los Angeles,Ca
As I've been trying to find some information on the max size of these two plecos I've seen a couple of different max sizes, so I was wondering if someone could help me out? The two plecos are a green pleco/L200 & a rubbernose pleco/L187. Thanks

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
L200 i think about 6-7", and rubberlip around 4-6'. if you know exactly what type of rubberlip you saw, go to planetcatfish.com and look them up. they have great species profiles.

Woofy

Registered crazy
Jun 30, 2006
Miami
www.myspace.com
The greens are 7" i belive and does your rubber lip have a gray body with dark spots or a a dark gray body with freckles? either way i dont really think there is a huge size difference. 5-6" :D

tha cichlid man

Oct 23, 2005
Los Angeles,Ca
Cool thanks, as for the plecos I dont have them yet, I wanted to make sure that I was'nt looking into some very large fish. I try to get a little info on the fish before buying them. What about a butterfly pleco I dont know the L number of the fish. How large do they get? thanks.

tai95

AC Members
Apr 24, 2005
There are two fish that I commonly see called a butterfly pleco. One of them is the L168. These stay small ~5" and are a decent algae eater. The other is the hillstream loach which is a coldwater species and shouldn't be kept in a community type tropical aquarium.

tha cichlid man

Oct 23, 2005
Los Angeles,Ca
Thanks, It seems to be alot more smaller size plecos out there then I thought, Cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store