Cracked frame....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AndrewMack

AC Members
Jan 17, 2006
Fleming Island FL
Im about to get a 55 that needs some hard water stains removed and the bottom plastic frame is cracked fairly good. I called All-glass and a new frame is 85shipped but a brand new 55 from petco is only 55bucks right now.... The 55 Im getting is free so i cant rufuse it, know one in their right mind would... My question is, Will Lime Away get rid of the hard water stains? or a steamer.... and If i put JB Plastic weld on the cracks and then sanded it smooth will that be ok? JB weld is stronger then the plastic anyways lol

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
the busted tank you're getting isn't free if its costing you $85+ and your time to fix.... I think anyone in their right mind would get the Petco tank for $55 and scrap the other (unless you were planning on getting both....in that case though, you could get another unbusted one for only $55 more)

fastforward

AC Members
Feb 12, 2007
Get the busted tank and use it as a donor for replacement panes or a DIY tank or something. Don't spend $85 on a used tank that requires work when you can get a new one for $55 that requires none. Come on man... ;)

AndrewMack

AC Members
Jan 17, 2006
Fleming Island FL
if you all would read im spending 5 bucks lol. i said all glass wants 85 for new trim i wanted to know if the JB weld will work for the trim, its not broke its just cracked

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Got a pic of the crack/damaged area?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store