My first two saltwater fish residents

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ

and

Both hardy, cheap, interesting, aggressive.

Not sure how happy I am with that last one, but they fill all the other requirements.

Also, about 6 of the littlest hermit crabs I've ever seen, 2 snails about the size of quarters, and a hermit I got about 2 weeks ago, who's shell is about 1.5 inches across.

So far salt water is proving to be really interesting. The fish are definitely cool, but they're just part of a big creature filled machine.:spam:

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
You'll have fun trying to catch them later if you need to remove them.

CONGRATS on the fishies thou!!

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Congratulations. Feel free to take some pictures to share. :D

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Actually, I think they're going to be cool. They both picked tiny homes on one side of the tank, so I think I have plenty of nooks for other fishies.

I took some pics. Hard to get good pics of the fish, though. These little guys are always darting around.

This guy cracks me up. King of his castle.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
The blue guy actually found a hole in the rock right below where he is in the first pic, and the black guy likes the hole right behind him in that same picture.

The little hermit crabs are so small that one guy managed to find a shell in the substrate that he liked better than his own and switched.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Nice pictures! Yeah and inverts can be pretty interesting too.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

Sevenstar

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
Very cool. Looks like you got some great pieces of liverock too. Damsels actually arn't too hard to remove if you prepare. As time goes on they fear you less and less and will accept food out of your hand. Thats how I was able to remove my damsel. He got used to me putting food, my hand and the net in the water at the same time.

They may suprise you later on when they start to get very confortable. Mine was shy at first in one area, but then dominated the entire tank later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store