****-sel!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spinx

AC Members
Nov 6, 2006
Hi guys. my domino D was so adorable when i first got it... but now im not having any joy introducing newbies into the tank. It behaves itself with my two clowns but thats it. I introduced a cleaner wrasse today( thinking the Damsel would approve of its services as it absolutely loved my cleaner shrimp)
The wrasse (after being harrased ) hides constantly.Ive sentenced D to help cycle my 65gal ( as soon as its set-up) For now i'll just have two be patient though.:confused:

fishman805

AC Members
Jun 26, 2005
domino Damsels are great fish to cycle tanks with but make horrible room mates for other fish. They are by far one of the most agressive damsels. I strongly suggest you net him and bring him in to exchange for something else. My first fish was a domino Damsel and my wife just loved him. However we couldnt keep anything else. Thats my two cents.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I'll agree with that. Domino's are the ultimate bad-guys of the tank and will make sure they own every inch of it or else. I say send him back to the LFS too or you will be doomed with no one but him.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
sryt o hear ur having problems...id get rid of the damslel as others said. but as for the cleaner wrasse is it eating? and if so what? ur fish load wont be enugh to support one unless it accepts other foods. they are fun fish though and always interesting. they shouldnt be take off the reef though but if they are in a store we might as well try to save them from their usual death after one week. good luck keep us posted:)

johansonp

AC Members
Feb 20, 2007
North Carolina
Just this past weekend I had to pull almost all of the live rock out of a 180 gallon reef tank in order to catch a three stripe damselfish. It had lived peacefully for four years with all of the other inhabitants.

I introduced a six line wrasse, the first new fish in a very long time, and the damsel almost bullied the wrasse to death. Now Ive got him (the damselfish) in a small ten gallon tank all by himself. I walk by and give him dirty looks several times a day.:)

I added the wrasse the same evening that I gave the system a comprehensive cleaning and did some major rearranging of the reef. I even left the lights off for a day to help keep everyone calm.

I don't trust damselfish anymore, regardless of their past behavior. They are so beautiful and hardy; it's a shame they're so hard to keep with other fish. As far as cycling tanks, I'd rather use a piece of rotten, uncured live rock.

Sorry about your predicament. Maybe you could keep the domino in a small tank all by itself. They are very pretty and I'm sure it would enjoy all of the individual attention.

Paul

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I'm afraid I've got to agree with the others. I had a three-striped damsel and it was so agressive when I tried to put anything new in I got rid (after i spent 2 hrs trying to catch the **** thing)!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store