What is wrong with my Guppy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crownjules

AC Members
Jan 17, 2007
Hello all,

I have 5 guppies in my tank and one of the females appears to be affected by something and I don't know what. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. The symptoms so far:

- Seems like she's lost some scales on her underside, looks like a sore on a human
- She isn't moving much, she pretty much hides in the top corner of the tank and only moves if I tap the glass or another fish comes over and disturbs her

I know this isn't ich, since that is white, so what is this and how could I treat it? I first noticed this last night.

Tank parameters:

pH: 7.2
NH3/NH4: < .25ppm
NO2: < .25ppm
NO3: 10ppm
Temp: 80F

crownjules

AC Members
Jan 17, 2007
No edit button, so a couple other things I forgot to mention is that she doesn't seem to be eating much and I think she was the guppy that had 'stringy poop'. There's a thread a couple down about a guy with barbs and one had that symptom.

Maybe it is ich? On closer inspection, it does appear that the missing scales are more a by-product of what appear to be bumps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store