10 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

muddskipper26

Mudskipper Man
Jan 28, 2007
michigan
hey,
i still dont know what i want to do with my ten gallon! i know its not much space and all but is there some cool brackish critters i could keep in 10 gallon. how big of a tank do violet gobies need(dragon)? maybe an interesting goby or something like that...if not, what is the coolest 10 gallon set-up that you have heard of that worked out? i dont want the usual tetras and dwarf gourami or betta stocking list. i know its not much room but please come up with some interesting ideas. thank you.

daayda3

AC Members
Sep 21, 2006
bumble bee gobys!!! they are the cutest thing in the world!!!:D

thebramble

AC Members
Jan 29, 2007
Utah
you could keep several bumblebee gobies in a 10G... maybe at least 4. if you had just a couple of bumblebees then maybe you could also add a couple of mollies(they're good little algae grazers and scavengers). OR you could keep 1 or 2 knight gobies in a 10G - though i have heard they might eat smaller fish like bumblebees.

personally i really like goby fish, and found it's fun to decorate for them (they like lots of rocks and caves, nooks and crannies, sand substrate, and some plants, real or artificial). my brackish tank was my departure from "the usual" too, and i have a lot of fun with it.

violet gobies need much more than 10G in the long run. i have a small (5") VG in a 29G tank and can see that he'll probably need something bigger within the next year. i think most web sites say the minimum tank size for these fish is at least 30G and bigger is better.

hope this helps!

bramble

daayda3

AC Members
Sep 21, 2006
Mollies will get to big for a 10g...
Maybe 5-7 BBG:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store