another clownfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

valentine

~go go Elektro~
Mar 4, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
currently have a 110litre tank, with one blue devil damsel and a tomato clownfish, wondering if it would be a good idea to get another clownfish, maybe they could breed? (been breeding freshwater for a few years) i just dont want them to fight.

also i was thinking about getting a dottyback (half purple, half yellow, i think this is a Royal dottyback) but read they can be aggressive to new tank members. should i get a clown, then get a dottyback, or both at the same time, or just one...?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
tomatao clownfish are pretty aggressive. it is possible that, if you get one super small that they will eventualy form a pair after some fighting. but it is also possible that your current clownfish will reject the one you buy.
how long have you had your current tomato?

valentine

~go go Elektro~
Mar 4, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
i have had the clown for about a month now, it's pretty small, almost an inch, so i may not be able to find another small one to buy. will it make a difference if i get a bigger one?

the clownfishy is very brave, even chasing away the damsel if it goes too close to its fake anemone home :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store