Reef Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Hello, as most of the people who come here often and have followed the build of my complete DIY setup...I have been....erm...convinced...to start a Reef log, so people can watch and follow how it is growing, see the things i change, read my explanation to why i have changed them..And more importantly, as i am here for the long term, people can watch me Reef mature...

So, this is my starting point as of today.....

Niko

Full-Shot.jpg Full-Shot1.jpg Yellow-Tang---Butcher.jpg 100_1527.JPG 100_1535.JPG Orange-Spotted-Watchman-Gob.jpg Coral.jpg

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
looking good so far man.
how old is it?
what lighting do you ahve over it?
what are your coral plans?

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Hiya Fishieness...its a month or old..in building together terms...In real terms, its a lot longer as everything, besides the extra rock this i cured was transfered over from my other tank, as this was an upgrade, rather than a new setup..Lighting, i have 2 x 250w 10k metal halides and 2 x 45w Actinics...
Coral wise, i shall be splitting the tank effectivly in half. One side is going to be for hard corals, and other is going to be for soft..I am doing this because i want there to a camparison between the two types of corals..Just preference really mate..

Dorkfish...I am going to be making a shroud out of live rubble, put together with epoxy which will then blend in with the rest of the tank, not been from the front and sides and also still allow ample water to be removed from the tank on the closed loop...should look fine and hopefully quite natural when its done...

Thank you for the comments Mods

Niko

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
How much more rock do you plan??? Is your old tank still wet??

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
hiya mate...probably gonna about 8Kg ( 17lbs ).. about 3 or 4 lbs of that will be used to make the cover for the closed loop pipe...blend it in then....Will more than likely buy the last lot of rock next month and set it off curing for about 6 weeks, or more if needed...

Old tank is now gone, sold it fleebay...got quite a bit for it, more than i thought....

Niko

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Lookin' good! Always like reading logs. Can't wait to see your progress.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great beginning....looking forward to more!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store