Quick Clownfish Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
I have a false percula clownfish, tank bred. I bought another one not considering the odds they may fight..think its a big odd? I'm not looking for a big clown war, as I really liked my first one.
I've read things about other clownfish fighting, but haven't heard much about the tank bred false percula clownfish.
Suggestions, or comments, please?!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
IF they are of the same species and same size you should be fine. Otherwise it is a gamble but could be fine, watch closely. I have a false perc and a black and white in my son's tank and they do fine but I check often for fin nippage.

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
Yea I'm watching them. They seem to be okay so far. We shall see I guess. My shrimp raged war today with the new shrimp additon (yea okay so there was a major fish sale..).

Hopefully all is well, thanks for your advice on this and my weird snail with a growth.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
You didn't put a CBS in with another shrimp did you??

drobes

AC Members
Jan 23, 2007
Colorado
Everything I've read suggests that the best chance to pair clownfish involve making sure the second clownfish added is smaller than the established one. The established and larger clownfish will be a female. False percula's are among the least aggressive clowns and are less likely to have problems anyways.

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
no no not a cbs, i have two skunk cleaners. They had a spiff for a moment, the one claimed under the rocks, the other was content above.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
OK was just going to warn you of the impending doom if you did!

darkcirca

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Fairfax, VA
www.thereptilefile.com
haha I know, which is why I picked the one I did...that and all the fish and things I seem to get come from Nemo..and are named after them.
So I'm a dork, but it's fun!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
HAHA my wife did that untill she ran out of "nemo names"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store