API Freshwater Master Test Kit.... refills??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
I have searched and searched for refills for this test kit, but to no avail. I find it hard to believe no refills are made. Anyone know where they might be found?

kwl718

AC Members
Feb 2, 2007
I think you just buy the individually packaged tests, they are the same size as what's in the kit, so the'll fit in the little holder. They'd be the same thing a refill, except you end up with an extra card. I had to replace my ammonia test after a long fishless cycle and that's how I did it.

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
The card with the individual ammonia test kit looks different... it turns different colors, so it's not the same.

I wish in the product discription, it told you things like how long the test takes and what ranges it reads. :\

quadpants

AC Members
Jun 9, 2006
At the Petsmart I go to, the individual tests are $4 and up, but the entire Master Test kit is $14 if you do the internet price match. So when I ran out of my Nitrate kit I just bought a whole new kit since I knew I would have to replace the others eventually.

Addict

Here fishy, fishy
Feb 23, 2005
Ohio
www.digitaldeviation.com
At the Petsmart I go to, the individual tests are $4 and up, but the entire Master Test kit is $14 if you do the internet price match. So when I ran out of my Nitrate kit I just bought a whole new kit since I knew I would have to replace the others eventually.
$14? Wow. Its $24 (on sale). Guess I need to check the price on the interweb.....

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
You might want to re-check the internet price. I looked today and it was $19.00,and my store charges $28.00...

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Yep, whole kits are <1/2 the $ charged at petco/petsmart etc.

So, what you do is print off a copy of (for example) BigAl's online price & bring it into your local Petsmart and see if they'll match it.

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
Yep, whole kits are <1/2 the $ charged at petco/petsmart etc.

So, what you do is print off a copy of (for example) BigAl's online price & bring it into your local Petsmart and see if they'll match it.
No...You print the on-line price from Petsmart and then bring it to your local Petsmart store and they will match the on-line price.

My filter was $79.00 in the store and $42.00 online. The store gave it to me for the $42.oo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store