angel and shrimp compatibility.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
Well, my full grown veiltails left my ghost shrimp alone, but my ghosts were a little bigger than young neon tetras...and angels will hungrily devour those.

I don't know. RCS or Amano cost way more $$$ than generic ghost shrimp. Why not buy a few ghosts to see if the Angels view them as prey/food? Much cheaper way to find out.

v/r, N-A

jgavlock

AC Members
Dec 20, 2006
Spot feed the angel on one side of the tank to distract him and add the shrimp on the other side of the tank. Trust me! :)

I added four amanos to my tank about 4 weeks ago and my angel ate 2 of them before they hit the bottom of the tank. I thought he eventually ate them all but two days ago I turned on the light and saw one of the shrimp, which had doubled in size, dart across the tank. I think he's the only one left.

All I learned was that I now feed ghost shrimp to my angels every wednesday; it is their favorite snack. If you are going to feed ghost shrimp tt makes it a lot easier to pinch them so they are dead before you add them to the water because they can get away pretty quick and be lost in your tank forever. l

IndianaSam

AC Members
Mar 13, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
i will probably get amano or red cherry shrimp soon. will they be eaten by medium or larger angels?
I have a 75g with large angels and I can attest that they will certainly eat cherry shrimp. I knew that going in so I wasn't surprised. I breed all my cherries in other tanks so I didn't lose any money when the angels ate them.

Don't buy cherry shrimp and them add them to the angel tank. You'll be sorely disappointed. They will eat them.

Sam

DulcyDoll

AC Members
Jul 21, 2006
Yep, they sure will get eaten! I have a cherry shrimp species tank, i tried to put a few in my community tank for algea purposes...well between the angels and gouramis they lasted maybe 3-4 seconds lol.

BrkD

Unregistered User
Nov 12, 2006
Brooklyn, N.Y
Nerite snails. I use them in my angelfish tank and they're great. If I remember correctly, I bought about 25 of them for a 75 gallon heavily planted aquarium.
i have nerite snails in my 10g tank and i love them. i bought 4 and they cleaned up my algae infested tank in about a week. great algae eaters but, they will be too heavy for finer and more delicate leaves and stem plants.

maybe alot of MTS? i'll ask this in a new thread lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store