anemone newb question?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

da1jewfish

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
Hi, I decided to buy one. They say its a condy, I'm not sure if thats the same as a bta but I think it could be. I paid 5.99 for it in Florida.
Is there a general period for them to get comfortable in a new tank? If you have any sites that offer good info on these I would appreciate it. Also, salinity is better at the higher end with inverts right? 1.023 or 1.024?
Thanks
Bobby

da1jewfish

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
she doesn't look good

half of it is shriveled up and half isn't. Seems to have and producing some kind of pink stringy substance(I'm sure its not tryin to reproduce).I'm a try to take pics. LAst time I checked nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, and pH all were in safe zone. 4 fish are doing good.
Any ideas??
:help:

kandibrandy

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Calgary, Alberta Canada
It might be getting rid of waste(pooping)...

da1jewfish

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
ok, I'm pretty sure its a condy.
It isn't any better today... altough sometimes it seems ok, but mostly its shriveled up
If it happens to die(hope it doesn't), should I worry about it killing the rest of the tank?

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
What is your tank setup? I would personaly consider moving it to a qt tank and watching closely. See if you can find pictures of an anemone expelling its guts. This is sometimes a sign of impending death.

da1jewfish

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
thanks, but she died today...completely shriveled up, upside down, not moving, and its foot was not stuck to anything.
Now my question is why did it die?

I have a 44 gallon with a 10 gal sump. It has been established for over 4 years. I have a yellow tang, red-lipped blenny, clown, a 6-line wrasse, sand sifting star, LR, and some snails and hermits.

da1jewfish

AC Members
Nov 1, 2005
yea it wasn't moving anymore, definetly gone... I have always had a problme reading the pH, only with this tank. It seems low, but does not match any colors. I just ordered some test kits that are on the way including calcium.

There are no nitrites, ammonia, or nitrates, if there is a very minimal amount, but I am going to test again when i get the new kits.

Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store