Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    10-07-2013 6:22 PM
    Another though, what defines a TOTM? Is it a good equipment setup? Stocking? 'Scaping? A combination of the above? What about the tank that isn't necessarily noteworthy, but is inspiring at the same time? Sometimes simple is far better then something complex, the less is more concept.

It would also be nice to ensure that different tank genres are included. A nice reef tank will always be more "eye catching" then pretty much everything else. The colors are far more dazzling. Well done planted tanks are slightly below that. But we've also all seen those minimalistinc tanks (I believe a 100G with just some rock comes to mind recently), and while they don't "pop", they are simply awesome. Whatever the criteria decided, these tanks must be ensured a "fair shake".

I wish I was a fish I wish. Que's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    02-07-2014 5:03 PM
    Blog Entries
    Nice tanks Old man.

Q

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    03-25-2012 3:53 PM
    Blog Entries
    The only pic there that is my own is the top photo, the 70 gal tank with a pair of goldentail morays. I would like to do nothing better then too go to all the LFS in a 90 drive from me and take all kinds of pics and say that those were mind.
    Im a stroke survivor, but had to quit the hobby do to my further damaging disabilities

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    12-09-2007 4:19 PM
    (maybe I missed this while reading this thread) But to my understand you want nothing like a specific thread where people would post their tanks to be entered correct? You would just like the mods to look at pic's people have posted in random threads, so that no-one would know who they are looking at? What is to stop someones pictures from being overlooked?
    Once again, excuse me if this issue has already been covered.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkman View Post
    (maybe I missed this while reading this thread) But to my understand you want nothing like a specific thread where people would post their tanks to be entered correct? You would just like the mods to look at pic's people have posted in random threads, so that no-one would know who they are looking at? What is to stop someones pictures from being overlooked?
    Once again, excuse me if this issue has already been covered.

I`m not entirely sure to what your trying to say
    Im a stroke survivor, but had to quit the hobby do to my further damaging disabilities

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    lol, ok, let me try and restate..

For this contest, you want mods to pic the totm. But you dont want there to be any type of way to enter this contest, you want the mods to pick a tank that they have seen posted on the forums before correct?

So my concern is that someones tank would get overlooked, or lost in the crowd of posts on the forum, unless there is some type of thread or specific board for people to post their tank in specifically for this contest.

My fish are my babies Germanman's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    04-05-2010 2:56 PM

For this contest, you want mods to pic the totm. But you dont want there to be any type of way to enter this contest, you want the mods to pick a tank that they have seen posted on the forums before correct?

So my concern is that someones tank would get overlooked, or lost in the crowd of posts on the forum, unless there is some type of thread or specific board for people to post their tank in specifically for this contest.
    i agree thats an issue but im sure the mods have that in mind already and will cover all the rough spots.
    Ah...its been awhile!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    Blog Entries

Oh yes, I believe that I covered that issue In the tank pic forum, we not post a load of pics, but rather a tanks shot and in the reef forum you would be posting coral pictures and through this, the staff will see the tank shot and a number months later a update photo of the same angle. The mods from that should be able to make their minds up and select the top ten and then they break it down to five, and then the one, the TOTM.

Now that has to sound rather easy and simple enough, so why the confrontations for concerns? If this is to be an open vote to all members, it will/could become a circus for I had covered that issue a while ago.

The rules, one as far as I know will be that tank needs to be not younger in age then one year and then as well, another ruling will be is that the TOTM, corals or fish must be thriving.

As for posting in the forums photos, the staff will see them all, there be a number of staffs here and they will cover all bases to make it fair for yourself as well as others. And myself in this for my reef tanks will be one exception that I requested my reef tanks not to become a TOTM material until the fifth to seventh year for my reasons with it be quite simple.

I pray that this answers your question, and note that nothing is solid as yet to what the rules will be.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    Sorry, didnt mean to sound 'confrontation' was just asking a question i had that i didnt understand from the thread. you cleared it up by saying they'd go off 2 pictures from 2 diffrent dates in the tank pictures forum(i think io understood that correctly)

I was never rooting for it to be an open vote for all members, I think that would turn into a fiasco.

This question wasnt a concern for myself, i just didnt understand exactly how the contest would work and wanted it cleared up. Unfortunitly in my last move i was not able to keep my tanks/fish, (but did find them a few happy home with some knowledgable family friends, my current tanks are nowhere near developed enough to be up to par with many of the tanks ive seen on this site

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    Blog Entries
    Bkman, its OK> And I would say that in the tank picture forum that if the tank be F/O (fish only), it might be more ideal to post an update picture from the same angle and distance, about every three months and if its a coral tank, about every fourth month. This is just an idea to possibly do and only post one picture each time.

This question wasnt a concern for myself, i just didnt understand exactly how the contest would work and wanted it cleared up.
    All the rules of a possible TOTM will be listed by the Administration prior before it begins and it might not start for a few months after the announcement of a TOTM and its rules>

my current tanks are nowhere near developed enough to be up to par with many of the tanks ive seen on this site
    Your not alone in having a tank that's not started as yet or up and running as yet for that would make all that much differences in it being TOTM material for the members tank would need to be thriving. Besides Bkman, im in the same vote as yourself that I two of my tanks I still not started as yet. And im not will be in any hurry to do this just to be TOTM. Just take your time and not be in so fire hurry to stock/load a tank in a rather short time frame. Those be the actions of a beginner or novice hobbyist.

So just sit and wait, for the Administration will/would list all the rules and a date in which they had voted on to begin the TOTM, and if your ants in your pants, you can

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information