Got my SAEs exchanged for my false SAEs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
So I had 2 false Siamese Algae Eaters that I bought from a new chain store and at the time I thought they were true SAEs. The guy in the store suggested I get 2 as they like company. Well... one of them kept attacking the other forcing me to save the weak one in a QT. I found some info kinda by accident about SAEs, false SAEs, SFFs and CAEs. Lo and behold the store sold me falsies but to their credit they acknowledged the mistake and replaced my falsies with the real deal which they had in the store Yesterday. I can already tell that these are the fish I really wanted. They do hang out together. They're not as frenetic as the falsies. The false SAEs and SAEs are both good looking fish and in fact I kinda liked the look of the false ones a little better but the reason I wanted the true SAEs was because of their reputation as the best algea eater you can get. I cant wait to get them in the big tank.
Well the store did the right thing IMO and kept a regular customer. I have many choices of stores to go to so it wouldn't be any skin off my back to blacklist them.

How long should I QT new fish for?

Q

drgold

AC Members
Mar 1, 2006
Wausau, WI
at least two weeks. Anything shorter is a risk. Even if they look fine, parasites can be in the gills or elsewhere you can't see. For fish that look ok and have no problems, I QT 2 weeks. For fish that I've had to treat, I QT for a month.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store