Help!!! Long Tentacle Anemone!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
I am looking to start up a marine fish tank in about a week. can anyone tell me how to prepare my tank for a long tentacle anemone and some fish? Such as lighting, how to keep the aneone healthy, etc. Please respond and tell me how long i should keep the tank running until i put thing into it. Tanks.

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
Thanks*

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Hello there and a warm welcome to Aquaria Central....

A little bit of advice, you should be looking to be having your new tank running for about a good 10 months to a year before introducing a nem...just my opinion of course...they require prestine water and very good lighting..I would suggest, when you do get one, that you go for Metal Halide lighting...It is more expensive than comparable T5 lighting, but, i think its far better...

Can you give us a little bit more info on the tank your buying and the other equipment you have in mind? are you looking at keeping corals?

Ask as many questions as you like here mate, we are all here to help i any way that we can...

Niko

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
Detailed

Ok, here are the specs.

30 gal
30 whisper filter (may get new one)
basically anything else u need to start a fish tank

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
Thanks 4 the welcome

Hey, i wanted to thank u for bringing be in with a warm welcome. I know u guys will help me along the way! Thanks!

P.S. Can i put a little bit of fish in b4 the anemone? How long do i wait 4 that and how powerful should light be for anemones?

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
How long do i wait untill i can put in fish?

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
How do i upkeep live rock or corals? and could i have any sort of invertabre?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
How long you wait will all depend how well cured the live rock is when you buy it..The better cured, the quicker the cycle in my opinion...Once the cycle is over ( Ammonia - 0, nitrITE - 0, nitrATE ->5 ) then you can slowly start to add fish...

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
I am probably getting cured live rock but how long is the waiting time to get inverts? i have gotten a chocolate chip star fish in the past in the first 4 moths of the tank and it did fine until a rock fell on it. =-( It almost lived but it was just too injured. =-(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store