my red half-moon betta pics!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vt_snowman87

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
hi all,
i've re-posted pics of my red half-moon betta as well as my tank, enjoy!
it has 1 male betta, 2 female bettas, 2 ottos, and ghost shrimps, with all life plants.

some pics of my tank.

my betta when he flares.

when he isn't flaring.

gorgeous colour isn't it.

sorry guys for the small size, taken using my handphone camera.. hope you enjoyed it!

Deadline

AC Members
Mar 27, 2007
Did you order that betta? And do your male and females get along well? Beautiful fish though, my betta that i purchased from the pet store looks pathetic, but hey I love him still! :)

vt_snowman87

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
nope i got it from a wholesaler aquarium shop.. took my time to choose one that i like..
they're new to the tank so now the male's just busy chasing the females around, but the females are doing fine and eating well for 3 days already..

Deadline

AC Members
Mar 27, 2007
nope i got it from a wholesaler aquarium shop.. took my time to choose one that i like..
they're new to the tank so now the male's just busy chasing the females around, but the females are doing fine and eating well for 3 days already..
Are you plannin on breeding them or what are you going to do when and if they spawn?

vt_snowman87

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
i'm gonna let them breed, but nah i'm not gonna separate them, dun have much space at home, so i'm just gonna let nature takes its place.

Deadline

AC Members
Mar 27, 2007
Don't they have the ability to breed a hundred babies? What are you gonna do with all those fish!? :eek:

NinjaPirate

AC Members
Oct 28, 2006
Minnesota
Don't they have the ability to breed a hundred babies? What are you gonna do with all those fish!? :eek:
Actually, I think the number is more like up to 500, but I've never seen anything even remotely that high.

What you should be more worried about is that males + females in a tank means that they will constantly be trying to spawn, and the spawning process for bettas is very physical and damaging to the fish. Once they finish spawning, the male will kill anything that gets close to the nest (inc the female) when he's in guard mode.

I'd seriously suggest moving the fems to a seperate tank.

vt_snowman87

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
ic.. i was hoping they would get along it would be nice. becoz i was thinking more of putting company inside with my red betta.

NinjaPirate

AC Members
Oct 28, 2006
Minnesota
rasboras, most tetras (generally not neons), corycats and ottos can all work as tank mates for a male betta.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store