Help! Need info and tips about keeping these fish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
Ok, here is the specs on my tank

30 gal. bow tank
30 whisper filter
The bubble making thingy
Basically all other noob items

Here are the fish (or inverts/live rock) that i want

1 1/2 lbs. of live rock
A clown fish or two
A long tentacle anemone
A yellow tang
Some coral

can anyone tell me if this is a good idea and can people list other good ideas into the list? Thanks and please respond.

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
And can anyone tell me if i can get a power compact light at just a regular pet/fish store or do i order it online because i found some pretty strong regular lights in pet stores saying theyre for anemones.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
i presume you mean 1.5lbs per gallon there mate?

Clown fish would be fine...long tenticle nem i would suggest no in a 30, may interfere with anything that is near by...tang is a no no in my opinion, very bear minimum i would suggest is 55gal and that is only as a temporary measure..Corals, research them and list some suggestions taking your lighting into concideration...

When you refer to "regular" lights, can you be a little more specific..I.E correct type whether it be T5, Power compacts VHO ( very high output ) ...

Niko

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
I am not sure what theyre exactly called but theyre powerful lights shaped like a rod

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
ok. but i dont want to be annoying to the people so i will just look on the box

Germanman

My fish are my babies
i presume you mean 1.5lbs per gallon there mate?

Clown fish would be fine...long tenticle nem i would suggest no in a 30, may interfere with anything that is near by...tang is a no no in my opinion, very bear minimum i would suggest is 55gal and that is only as a temporary measure..Corals, research them and list some suggestions taking your lighting into concideration...

Niko
i agree

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
jmarino...the lfs would not mind you asking at all mate, never think of it as bothering or annoying them..Just ask mate, they will help you get the info about the lights...

Niko

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
ok. I will just not go into full detail about it to them

jmarino

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
Does anyone know of easy, nice looking corals i could put in my tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store