Best place to buy aquarium plants online??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DoctorP

AC Members
Nov 17, 2004
As I prepare to make the plunge to a planted tank I have been checking out various places online to buy from. None of my LFS have very good selections + they're pricey. So which places can you all recommend for buying an assortment for a 55 gal. tank?

Some of the ones I've looked with good prices are:

aquariumplants.com
freshwateraquariumplants.com
azgardens.com
aquariumgarden.com

Thank you!

180gz71

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
As I prepare to make the plunge to a planted tank I have been checking out various places online to buy from. None of my LFS have very good selections + they're pricey. So which places can you all recommend for buying an assortment for a 55 gal. tank?

Some of the ones I've looked with good prices are:

aquariumplants.com
freshwateraquariumplants.com
azgardens.com
aquariumgarden.com

Thank you!
Ive used aquariumplants.com recently, just got my plants today. I have no complaints whatsoever, good price, great quality. I also purchased my co2 setup about a year ago, and still going strong. I cant say anything about the other three u have selected though.:huh:

180gz71

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
I bought individual plants some bunch and a sword. Their bunch plants arent like what u get at pet smart or anywhere else. I would dare to say its at least double the stems per bunch. I havent counted yet because Im just letting them sit for now till this weekend, but just eyeballin it there is at least 10-12 stems per bunch. Im pretty happy with the whole deal.

180gz71

AC Members
Mar 5, 2007
I actually have some pics the next thread down from this one. The second pic down.

gvildawg

AC Members
Mar 6, 2007
Greenville, SC
www.myspace.com
I bought a package from liveaquaria.com and was very pleased.

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
AZ gardens apparently has super high shipping, even for plants....and they choose the shipping method. I've never bought from them, for that reason. ;) A friend bought plants from them and lives in TX...and they made her pay for overnight shipping....when they would have gotten to her in 1-2 days anyways.

I have had alot of good orders from Aquariumplants.com. I suggest buying enough and paying for overnight shipping (the one they suggest for live plants). I have payed for that many times with good results.

I have heard good things about Aquariumgarden.com but have yet to buy anything from them.

Check out Aquabid.com as well if you are looking for specific plants. Lowcoaster is a good person to buy from on there.

AquaticPlantDepot.com is good for your common plants.

gvildawg

AC Members
Mar 6, 2007
Greenville, SC
www.myspace.com
There is an incredible variety available at aquabid.com, but the majority of the sellers seem to be overseas. Plants don't have to be sent air like fish so shipping is much cheaper--most were charging $6 or so per plant order.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store