agressive mono argentus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I've got 3 mono argentus and the largest one seems to bully the other two, theres no real damage to the other fish going on but the other stay at their respective sides of the tank while the largest stays around the middle. Is this normal, or is this bad?
Just for precautions I'm going to be getting another tank for them. Probably a 105 gal. Till then ( about 3 months down the road, possibly 4 if the US don't start allowing sale of bio spira over the border) I would like to know what to do? I can't separate them because I don't have another tank big enough.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
It is normal. I have 3 Silver Scats and the largest one bullies the two smaller one (biggest is 6 inches). Again, no real damage is done he just makes sure the other ones stay out of his way. Your odds increase greatly if you add more Monos (or Scats with me) which I am probably going to be getting the 4 baby Silvers we have at the lfs I work at. The only problem is it will take MONTHS for them to get the size of my current guys plus my current are in saltwater and they are in brackish. Oh well, I will let them grow up with the Mono Argents in my 55 for a while. Hope this helps. Again, it is just normal Mono behavior.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store