AREN'T ASIAN AROWANAS ILLEGAL?!?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ddot

U.S. Navy
Nov 14, 2006
little here, little there
piranhas are illegal too, but everyone knows somebody that has them. Just b/c its illegal doesnt mean that people can't get it. Just dont be a dumba$$ and release them into the wild. Its not like the border patrol or customs will kick your door down over one fish.

TML29

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
Missouri
piranhas are illegal too, but everyone knows somebody that has them. Just b/c its illegal doesnt mean that people can't get it. Just dont be a dumba$$ and release them into the wild. Its not like the border patrol or customs will kick your door down over one fish.

Piranhas are legal in some states like here though. Pehaps because they would not survive low temperature during winter time. I see them at my LFS half of the time. Anyway, I don't get the fuss about arowanas...Seem like a boring fish.

ddot

U.S. Navy
Nov 14, 2006
little here, little there
main point being don't release fish into the wild. This is what caused the prohibition of most of the banned fish anyways

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
that listing was removed already.

asian arowana are illegal to import because they are endangered.

Dixon

AC Members
Feb 16, 2006
Sunderland UK
asian aros are federally illegal as they are an endangered species.
piranha are legal in quite a few states as advised above.
good job i live in the UK i love my RTG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store