just wondering...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
I have been searching for a light to use so I can. I have been so curious as to what night organism are living on my rock. It would be great to see some night snapshot pictures from someones tank.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
so how many of u watch ur tank at night? and for how long?
its kinda like u have two aquariums one at day and another at night epically with reefs
I don't watch it much at night because my flashlight scares my fish. Plus my reef tank, which is relatively new, doesn't have as many things on/in it...yet.

I have been searching for a light to use so I can.
I bought mine at Walmart in the sporting/hunting/fishing section. It came with 3 different colored lenses including the all important red lense.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
I like to watch our reef tank at night. I'll sit and watch it for 15 minutes or more pretty much every other night.

I've never tried nighttime photography, but will give that a try sometime.

It's fun to watch our 2 clowns 'sleep' next to each other head down up against the vertical face of one of the rocks.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
I love watching mine at night it's like having a second tank. It's the only time I get to see my peppermint shrimp for a start. I also love watching the way my maroon clown uses my Xenia as a hammock!!

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
I like to watch our reef tank at night. I'll sit and watch it for 15 minutes or more pretty much every other night.

I've never tried nighttime photography, but will give that a try sometime.

It's fun to watch our 2 clowns 'sleep' next to each other head down up against the vertical face of one of the rocks.
My clown almost gave me a heart attack when I saw her like that. I ran off to get the water test kit and came back to find her swiming around and looking at me with a "Whats wrong? Did you come to feed me?" expression.

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
I don't watch it much at night because my flashlight scares my fish. Plus my reef tank, which is relatively new, doesn't have as many things on/in it...yet.

I bought mine at Walmart in the sporting/hunting/fishing section. It came with 3 different colored lenses including the all important red lense.
Ah, thanks for the tip. I wasn't quite sure where to find one. I tried to use a regular flash light once and felt stupid xD

darthgoby

AC Members
Dec 28, 2006
I have a little flashlight that I use to look at my tank. I sometimes get to see my tank more at night than during the day because of my schedule.

The first time I did it, I saw my puffer laying motionless on a rock. I didn't realize at first that he really sleeps like that. I was freaking out until the next morning when I saw him moving around. Now it's no big deal.

At night, it's like a snail and shrimp party. It's also the only time I see my serpent star who rarly comes out.

Nighttime is almost as good as the daytime. Almost, that is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store