Swim Bladder symptoms?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gespinoza

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Wwll I have been reading up on swim bladder disease and I am unsure of the symptoms. My goldfish that I have had for about a week are constantly and the bottom and middle of the tank. They swim around and seem to swim and float just fine. It is just rarely that thy go to the top of the tank. I have seen them do it sometimes and they do not seem to float down but rather swim down. I am just unsure if this is just typical behavior or if all goldfish have different ways.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
yeap, that's typical goldie behavior. When they have swim bladder problems, it is obvious as they cannot control themselves if not forcing it. When at rest, they will typicall float to the top. A good way to decrease the chances of the issue is to soak their food prior to feeding so that the food sinks. If you are feeding sinking pellets, soaking is still necessary as the expanding in the belly is the problem.

Gespinoza

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Well they do not come to the top to eat, once the flakes start sinking thats when thy go for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store