Clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pocahontas

AC Members
Mar 12, 2007
San Diego, CA
I have a maroon clownfish, but I am going to find him a new home, so I can get 2 False Perculas. I have a coral beauty, 2 damsels and 3 chromies. Would the new clownfish fight with the existing fish? Also, can I get more than a pair? :confused:

Thanks so much!

DarthFred6996

AC Members
Mar 13, 2007
He'll be like "WTF! What happened to my happening crib!" Then he'll be a little stressed from the move. He'll get over it with time.

Mar 29, 2007
you might have problems with the damsel attacking the clown since the damsel has territories but the clown doesnt

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
He is really attached to his anemone, he rarely leaves it. If his new home doesn't have an anemone, will he be harmed in any way?
No, he won't be harmed if his future home does not have an anemone. Clowns don't need anemones.

Also, I too would worry about your damsels possibly attacking your new clowns. I also wouldn't recommend getting more than 2. Some people do, and some people mix, but it's really up to you and is generally not recommended.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
I have a maroon clownfish, but I am going to find him a new home, so I can get 2 False Perculas. I have a coral beauty, 2 damsels and 3 chromies. Would the new clownfish fight with the existing fish? Also, can I get more than a pair? :confused:
i wouldnt get more than a pair, but how big is ur tank?
Thanks so much!
He is really attached to his anemone, he rarely leaves it. If his new home doesn't have an anemone, will he be harmed in any way?
no a bit confused but not harmed.
you might have problems with the damsel attacking the clown since the damsel has territories but the clown doesnt
clowns do have territories, maybe not the tank raised oscelaris but the rest do and will defend their area very well. where did u read/hear that they dont?

Mar 29, 2007
no i meant when the clown is first introduced it wont have any territories so it will feel out of place while the damsel probably thinks the whole tank is its territory therefore attacking the clown for entering its territory

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store