New to Aquaria Central

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kromine

Registered Member
Jan 23, 2005
Hello all
I have nver posted to this prior, litle history, I have been in Reef's for 20 years. not much Freshwater. but considering at this point to open a spare 30 Gal tank I have had sitting around.
I am considering African Cichilids, one question is that a large enough tank and any other suggestions:help:

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
a 30 gallon tank is large enough for cichlids from Lake Tanganyika, most notably, the Neolamprologus shell dwellers and the Julidochromis species. it is not large enough for cichlids from Lake Malawi.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
welcome :)

Any idea what kind ? rift lake/riverine ?

You'll get good advice - better though if you post your tanks dimensions. If you go for the rift lakes it's not so much your gallonage as your length - big diff between 30 tall and 30 long.

I''m not even gonna try and go much further than that - newb here :)

kromine

Registered Member
Jan 23, 2005
<MIne is a 30 long and not sure yet what types, I gues that all depended on what I could put in there. This is more of just something to put in the tankat this point. The real show tank is my 125 reef

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store