Fluval canister filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

angelfishlover

Angelfish and Discus freak!!!
Mar 8, 2007
Singapore
Real Name
Faiz
Hi,i kinda wanna change my filter from internal filter to an external canister that is fluval.my tank is 180 litres and i was confuse should i take fluvel 204 which can filter 600 litres of water per hour and its maximum capacity is 200 litres or fluval 304 which can filter 100 liters of water per hour and can filter 300 litres of water???Its for a 90x45x45cm tank

fish head )'>

AC Members
Mar 21, 2007
IMO get the most filter that you can get for the money. If it is not that much more, go for it. For the most part, over filtration is not a bad thing. Too much water flow is another thing. If you are concerned with that, the use of a spray bar can reduce a harsh, direct current.

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
i agree. too much filtration is not a bad thing, so if there is not a big price difference between the 2 and 3 series, i would go for the bigger one.

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
Its a war of Fluvals vx Filstars.

I knwo so much people that rocks fluvals and hate filstars.

Also filstar lovers that hate fluvals.

I personaly hate filstars. We ran two xp3s on our 300gal reef tank. Threw them away for fluvals.

Why not do this. Get a filstar AND a fluval!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
The OP's question is what to choose between two fluvals...I'd say go with the larger and start a different thread for filter comparisons. :idea:

angelfishlover

Angelfish and Discus freak!!!
Mar 8, 2007
Singapore
Real Name
Faiz
So i should get a bigger one izzit???I never heard of filstars before cause i live in an asian country that is singapore.All i heard are those china brand such as dolphin and jebo which both are very useless.The two commn western filters i saw is fluval and eheim.Hah i'm gonna ask my mother for extra money to buy fluval 304 which cost at S$120 while fluval 204 cost at S$100.It's my birthday comin up so she said she will spend money on anything i want.Oh yah the fluval 304 got typing error it actually can fiter up to 1000 litres per hour not 100.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store