Brown Algea Problem

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

weincsatyoi

AC Members
Jan 4, 2007
hi, My name is Jackie,
I am having this problem with brown algea. I have done everything i can think of to get rid of it. My water qualities are very good. I changed from tap to ro water nothing seems to help. It started in the tubes of the underground filters. can someone help please.

weincsatyoi

AC Members
Jan 4, 2007
ok i have two percula cowns, one coral beauty mandarin goby a few red legged crabs one turbo snail tow feather dusters. I have a 30 powerhead
cannister filter plus the undergravel filter.
ph is with range nirites are 0 ammonia 0 phosphates 0 nitrates .05 water is clear as a bell

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
With UGF's, it depends on the flow that you going through it..A lack of flow could be the cause of your problems with it...what pump/powerhead are you running on it? And, as posted above, we need to see you water param's for Ammonia, nitrITE, nitrATE and pH as a minimum..

Do you run a skimmer on the tank?

If there is only very little in the tank, i would get it removed and go for the berlin method ( live rock, sand and skimmer )...What exactly is in there?

Niko

weincsatyoi

AC Members
Jan 4, 2007
sorry have a auqa 30 power head the tank is 29 gallon. not on the rocks all rocks are purple and pink. my flow is good or else my pylops and zenia wouldnt doing well. The brown algea is mostly in the tubes of the underground filter and the back glass. i dont have the exact numbers of my water. just tested yesterday and everything was were it suppose to be

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store