Readings and Anenome Crabs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vteel

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
Vermont
Todays Readings:

Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
PH: 8.3
Temp: 77

My protein skimmer is foaming up some green funk too!

I saw the COOLEST crabs last night at my LFS, Anenome Crabs. I wanted to take them home SO bad, but I decided to wait and do some research on them. They need an Anenome (hense the name) so I did some research on Anenomes. I'm a little confused. Are Anenomes hard to keep? Would they sting my eel? I know Inverts are a caution when owning an eel but I'm willing to take my chances. I figure if I keep my eel well fed he'll leave the crabs alone. Does anyone have or has had Anenome Crabs? Any advice, thoughts, etc.?

My readings are great comparted to what they were a week ago. I'm so tempted to add more live rock and a Scorpionfish, but I think I'll give my tank a little more time at this improved stage before doing so.

Thanks!

vteel

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006

vteel

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
Vermont
I do not have any soft corals at this time. I have only Live Rock, an Eel, Hermit Crabs, and Snails. I will do more research given the link you have provided (Thank you!) Do I need corals for this crab or will it be happy with Live Rock w/plenty of places to hang out?

thank you!

vteel

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Give it some places to hang out, if you are worried get a little macro algae for him to play with, or a fake coral if you really think he needs it (he doesn't). They will be fine in most any tank.

vteel

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
Vermont
Have you heard that Anenomes Crabs should be in pairs? That is what I read in their description/bio on LiveAquaria.com.

vteel

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
I have mine all by himself and he seems very happy, cruses the tank checks things out, very interesting invert.

vteel

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
Vermont
I took a reading this afternoon and the Nitrites may be around .05. I think they are 0, my husband says a tad more. If it is around .05 can I still add my Anenome Crab?

vteel

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store