wet/dry sump design

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
I would use eggcrate to close the hole next to the LR rubble and allow the water to exit from the bottom, otherwise you will not get muce circulation of water thru those peices (stagnant area). also where so you plan to put the skimmer pump it is not markes in the drawing (or I missed it, again).

Also add a baffel to direct water up into the fuge or your livesand will fill that gap.

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
[/ATTACH]
I would use eggcrate to close the hole next to the LR rubble and allow the water to exit from the bottom, otherwise you will not get muce circulation of water thru those peices (stagnant area). also where so you plan to put the skimmer pump it is not markes in the drawing (or I missed it, again).

Also add a baffel to direct water up into the fuge or your livesand will fill that gap.
View attachment 2 nd revised sump design.bmp

I changed the design and I did not put the location of the skimmer pump in the first design

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
eggcrate is a light diffuser for florescent fixtures..they also sell acrylic at many hardware stores.

your original design could work but you would need to drill either a lot of holes or big holes

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Eggcrate at the hardware store and a glass shop should have some scrap size peices of acrylic that would work for what you need (5-10 bux).

looks like a winning design to me!!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Sumps can be as easy or hard as you make them!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store