LTA doesnt look good :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nick503

AC Members
Mar 1, 2007
I have never had an anenome before so I picked up a LTA a few weks ago. It looked great and had "latched" on within a few minutes of being in the tank. Yesterday I saw it eating something that looked like a snail with no shell? (there are a couple in my tank, not sure what they are) Now today it was open but the tentacles were tiny and really green, as seen in the pics. It has since shrunk down and/or closed.
Is there something wrong with it? I read about deflating and such but i really don't know.:confused:
Sal - 1.024
PH - 8.3
Nitrate - 2.5
Nitrite - 0
Amonia - 0
Alk - "Normal" - I need a better kit:)

Before

After

Thanks
Nick

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Looks like he is too busy digesting food to open up if you ask me.

But nems are weird like that, they either look awesome or like crap, and when they look like crap it could be they are eating, not doing good, or they just don't want to come out.

I assume you have enough lighting and he is in a low flow spot.

Nick503

AC Members
Mar 1, 2007
Yes my lighting is fine and he seems to be in a lower flow portion of the tank. It seems it likes it there. It's not going to die is it?

Nick

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Well I can't say for sure but I would give it a day. If it's foot is stuck and all your parameters are ok there isn't much you can do. Watch it untill tomorrow afternoon and let us know how it looks.

IF it looks any worse before that please make a post!!

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
How is he doing??

Nick503

AC Members
Mar 1, 2007
:joe: Well as an update. It seems to have reinflated and looks alot better. Still not as good as the first pics but almost. I did notice that the airline to my skimmer had a kink in it:( I removed the kink now my skimmer is skimming:)

Thanks for the help guys!
Nick

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Yes it is, sorry i missed your update before this!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store