Wanted: Zebra Pleco Article

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I am putting together a collection of zebra pleco articles for my own use and for the use of others, such as those of you on this board, but I need to get a hold of the zebra pleco article from Tropical Fish Hobbyiest, August 1998. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Clay

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Right now I have:
TFH Sept 1993
TFH January 1996
Aquarium Fish September 1995
The article by Kevin Korotev found all over the internet
My own little article about sexing zebras using pics from http://home.owari.ne.jp/~cones/lancefarm/zebra/zebra4.html

I have put it all into microsoft word and it is about 30 pages long right now. Its about 41/2 mb so I will need to find a place online where I can upload it and let others get it

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I Would LOVE to get a copy of that if you do a mass emailing of it.

Zebra plecos are a really nice pleco.

polkadot

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
I'm interested in getting a copy too! Wonder if yahoomail allows such big files!

wetmanNY

AC Members
There's this brief article at the big, much-visited French site "Cichlidae" http://cichlidae.netliberte.org/ by Michael Negrini and Robert Marcel, which I translate:

"The superb Hypancistrus zebra comes from the Rio Xingu in Amazonia, but like many Loricariids the hardness of the water has little importance. It has even reproduced in hard water. It's very important to put some roots in the tank where they are kept because they need them for their bowel movements.(Mine spend long hours gnawing on roots.)As for price, I've bought them for 270 Francs but I've heard of H. zebra going for 150 Francs (see how to buy a Loricariid). My first Zebra went from 5 cm to 7.5 cm in three months; the second gained a centimeter in a month and a half. They get along well with Parancistrus sp. "Magnum" (L 47) and with Leporacanthus galaxias (L 7) in a 450 liter tank with Lake Victoria cichlids. You should avoid fishes that will harass them, either because of their size, like Glyptoperichthys gibbiceps, or because of their aggressivity, like Pseudacanthus leopardus (L 114).

"As for feeding it's not difficult from the moment it hits the bottom; mine eat pate maison* and cucumber (boiled for five minutes). I've never seen them eat algae off the glass or off the rocks."

*Pate maison: a blended mix of veggies (peas, carrots or spinach) with an equal part of lean fish, shelled mussel flesh or whole shrimp, with some spirulina powder added, mixed with unflavored gelatin, to keep fragments from getting caught up right away in the filter.

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Okay, I think I've got it to where people can download the first 2 articles:D . They are in .jpeg format, so quality is not that great. They are sized so that they come out as 1 page of magazine article = 1 page of paper (at least on my printer, you may need to change it so that it fits for you;) )

go to:

briefcase.yahoo.com

zebraplecostomus
password:
saints
(You know, the team that destroyed the Ravens today:D)

From there it should be self explanatory. When you get the picture, it will at first appear very small. You must click on full size to get the whole pic to come up. Once this is done, right click on the full size pic and "save target as"

I hope this will work.

Lets try not to jam up this briefcase with people downloading right away. I imagine that there are bandwith limitations on it, so if you don't need it right now, try waiting a few days.

Please post replys and let me know if this works :D

I will post the 1996 article soon.

Please help me find the 1998 article!!!

clayt101

Registered Abuser
Thanks wetman:D I will add it to the "book"
BTW, If you are planning on printing the articles, I would wait for the microsoft word version, it will be much better.;)

Now if we can just get someone who speaks german to translate this site:
http://www.l46.de/l46/index.html :)

Wow, this is amazing, I just tried the google translation from German and it worked:D :D :D

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store