Upgraded to 75 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
i am upgradding to a 75 gallon this weekend and was wondering if i can any more fish in my tank. i have two jack dempseys 2 inches and the the other one is about 2.25 inches. and a blood parrot that is roughly 5 inches. i will have tons of cover becasue he is including alot of dcor and ahve also alot.
i have wondering aboutm a green terror, firemouths, or maybe a pair of convicts. let me know what would work
thanks,
nate

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
also how can i sex my jds

Bluepitbullz

AC Members
Mar 30, 2007
Your JD if he is male will turn a BLACK with blue dots and have very pointed dorsal and anal fins.... If your JDs are a pair (m/f) when they get big enough to mate and claim their own territory NOTHING will be able to live with em... except something that will kill them like a pair of red devils...

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
really? then should i get rid of a jd? people same jds can be gentle or pissed all the time. these so far seam to be nice.
but ill see what others have to say
nate

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
also they whould have alot of spaces to live, in the 75 gallon with tons of plants, caves etc
nate

P.S. love blue pits too. i have one and a big black lab and pit mix.

BucJason

I drink like a fish
Dec 30, 2006
Tampa , FL.
I wouldn't recommend Pairs of different species...because if you get a male /female bonded pair trying to mate then all hell is going to break loose. Even with a pair of convicts ,who may be small, but will fight with fierceness you won't believe for thier size. If you want different types of cichlids ,I would probably get one of each.

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
if i get rid of a jd can i get a green terror? and what else?
nate

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
alright, but does it matter the size of the severums or firemouths? not to big i know but what if there to small or big?
nate

nate da fishman

AC Members
Jun 25, 2006
can you suggest a list? i am sorta new about this and do only know about some species of SA cichlids.

nate

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store