Good deal - gone in 60 seconds.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MarineDream

AC Members
Mar 25, 2007
Tampa, Florida
So in this mornings paper in the classifieds. Some guy was selling a 75gallon Bow front tank. With stand/canopy, Skimmer,Pump,filter, about 60lbs of LR, and a 48"in light set all which is under a year old. (All together im guessing thats about $700+ if not more) for a WHOPPING $200! I did not get my paper untill about noon. Thinking I mght of been early and got the jump on this deal I called the guy. I asked about it and he said it sold about 7:30 in the morning. (Thats only three and a half hours after the paper is publicly released at Four in the morning!) He said he was amazed how fast it sold and since this morning he has recieved about 100 phone calls (exaggertion maybe?) I then told him that you sold off a great deal of product well below it's true price. Still, I was somewhat dissapointed that I could not jump on that faster and that I'm not the only one that jumped on this crazy deal.

jcono

AC Members
Mar 20, 2006
Deals are out there quite often- keep your eye on craigslist.com In my area (NJ and NY city) it seems people are frequently pricing stuff to move fast. Currently there are 2 different 55 gal. setups including everything for $200.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Just remember the early bird gets the worm, BUT the second mouse gets the cheese!!!! Your time will come and you will get a great deal.

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
What? The second mouse gets the cheese? Never heard that before LOL

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Yeah because the first one got stuck in the trap!!

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
i picked up a 100g tank for 50 bucks off craigslist once.

+1 for craigslist.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
Just remember the early bird gets the worm, BUT the second mouse gets the cheese!!!! Your time will come and you will get a great deal.
I though it was the early bird gets the worm, But the late worm stays alive:huh:

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
I thought it was, the early bird gets the worm and the early worm gets eaten.

Anyway, thumbs up for craigslist here too as we just sold one of our cars yesterday (after putting an ad up less than 24 hours beforehand) than for higher what Carmax offered us a few weeks ago!

You'll eventually find that great deal, and probably when you least expect it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store