Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dexteryuen

Zoanthids
Apr 7, 2007
One of my anemones do not attached to rock and now I placed it on sand and surrounded it with a plastic plate to avoid it being blow by water current and land on the corals. Now it starts shrinking, anyone know what’s wrong with it? My crown fishes near half the same size as the anemone keep bouncing on the anemone, would the crown fish make the anemone stress and course it shrink?

And anyone knows what the specie of my anemone is?

IMG_2500_resize.jpg

LordsSoilder

Armageddon outa here!
Aug 29, 2005
Holland, MI
www.jc4me.org
I would say that your anemone is simply not happy with where it was... It is typical for an anemone to move arround until it finds its happy place... I would put it in a low current place and let it walk to a place it likes...

As far as your clown fish bouncing on it, it sounds like they want to host it.. I wouldn't be worried about them right now. Just let you anemone move arround and only help it move if its stinging other corals...

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
how long have you had the anemone?
oftentimes, a new one can be "loved to death" by clowns hosting it. it is usualy a good thing for them, but occationaly, they are alittle too rough. are they just nudging and rubbing in it? or are they diving strait into it?

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
The mouth looks to be very wide open, he is definately not happy, what are your water test results just to rule that out.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
The "blobby" bit in the centre.:dance2:
actually thats its gastrovascular cavity...lol sry had to say that its mount is already turned inside out...as said that means its not happy. one reason my be that into on the sand. it looks like a deflated sun bulb anemone to me but im not sure could just be a really deflated bubble tip.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store