My Fantails - Pleae Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

richy10

Registered Member
Apr 15, 2007
Hi,

I have had 2 fantails for about 4 years now. All they seem to do is want to eat and are very friendly little chaps, they always come over to the corner of the tank when you enter the room as to say HI or just looking for you to feed them again.. lol...

However a few days ago I noticed they keep lying on the bottom of the tank as though they are resting but if you shake some food at them they come up to the surface again. Yesterday though when I came downstairs in the morning the one was lying on the bottom and would NOT come up to the top when I was about to feed him and in 4 years that has never happened before. The other one came up to have 2 pellets only, but what concerns me is why they keep lying on the surface and why did the one not come up for his food this morning when normally first thing in a morning they are going crazy for you to feed them.

Please help and thanks

Richard

Kyohti

Curiouser and Curiouser...
Jan 5, 2007
Northeastern Oklahoma
Are those floating pellets? If so, maybe it's swimbladder disease. From what I've been hearing on this forum, floating foods contribute to the development of this disease in goldfish because of the air they gulp when they feed at the water's surface... but it's too early to say until we know more about your tank and it's specific information.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
When my black moor gets constapaited he rests on the bottom and mopes. Check to see if he is going to the bathroom and if theres bubbles in it. I feed my fish peas every few days and it helps him stay regular.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store