My new fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
:dance2: DSC00254.JPG

DSC00255.JPG

DSC00256.JPG

DSC00257.JPG
This is my new Majestic angelfish, just bought him yesterday I'm going to move him along with the yellow tang and hippo tang to my new 180 gal when I get it up and running. My yellow tang has been tail whipping him it's funny.

DSC00254.JPG DSC00255.JPG DSC00256.JPG DSC00257.JPG

4myfish.com

Banned
Mar 23, 2007
Congratulations

Your fish are beautiful! It's always a great experience when a new fish is added to the community.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
awesome looking fish.
and yes, your yellow tang looks quite upset. also, could we please see a closer picture of your yellow tang? all the white in his face. atnixon showed me the thread and we are wondering if it is a severe case of HLLE or just stress/aggression bleaching. It looks more like stress for afar, but im jsut curious. :)
anyways, good luck and thanks.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Beautiful Angel, very nice addition.

and yes, your yellow tang looks quite upset. also, could we please see a closer picture of your yellow tang? all the white in his face. atnixon showed me the thread and we are wondering if it is a severe case of HLLE or just stress/aggression bleaching.
I thought the exact same thing when viewing the pictures before I came to your post.

tankanator- If your Yellow Tang does indeed have HLLE (head and lateral line erosion aka HITH, hole in the head disease), there are easy things you can do to help turn its condition around. :)

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Looks like a nice find!!

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
HE has had the white bleaching around the face for awhile don't know what to do I've been soaking his food in silcom and been giving him sea veggies it has inproved. I have more pictures of the yellow tang but don't know how to had them help LOL

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
click on the post reply button instead of the quick reply, and then you will see a button that says " manage attachments "...click on that, then use the browse buttons on each section to find the pics..click on upload, when uploaded, click close...then post your message....

The reason i spoke to Fishieness first is because i wanted a second opinion...HLLE does show up differently in yellow tangs than any other fish, and the white face and the declining dorsal fin do point a little towards it in my opinion...

Niko

Last edited:

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
thats IS a nice angel. how many G's are you keeping him in? Your other fish look nice as well.

tankanator

AC Members
Mar 23, 2007
Frederick MD USA
DSC00260.JPG

DSC00258.JPG

DSC00259.JPG

Ok got it thanks, here are more pictures of the yellow tang tell me what you think. SHK_ATK to answer your question he's in a 55 gal but will be moved to my new 180 gal that I'll have it up and running this weekend. Thanks for all your comments and for your help

DSC00260.JPG DSC00258.JPG DSC00259.JPG

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Well, my opinion is that it is more than likely HLLE...by all means, read lots more responses before taking my word for it...The general consensus may be that its is not HLLE, and, i hope its not, rather just stress and some fin nipping mate...

Here is a little bed time reading...

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-06/sp/index.php

Hope this helps a little buddy...

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store