aquarium apliance shocks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

03gobra

AUSSIE
May 19, 2006
well i was just wondering how many ppl have been electricuted by there aquarium gear.
ive been electricuted via 2 cracked heaters,loads of wet lights,pluging in a air pump wen it was open and touching 1 of the direct wires from the power cord.these wer just minnor shocks thopught.

wat problems have you had with these things

lazyNode

AC Members
Oct 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
My bro electricuted his Marine tank when he was cleaning some equipment. He said it was either a powerhead or filter.

But the poor guy. He killed off ALL his fish which he'd had for 3 years or more... the only thing that survived was the starfish!

At least the fish had a quick death, as they were floating upside down as soon as it happened. My bro only suffered a little shock on his arm. Could have been worse.

03gobra

AUSSIE
May 19, 2006
yeah i had a large oscar wen me heater cracked and he was fine i geuss he wasnt realy earthed to anything or sumin

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
blew out a heater recently. No fish harm thankfully. Also remembered to unplug it before taking it out. After changing my britches :)

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
I get hit with a broken heater about 3-4 times a month while cleaning all 100tanks...untill we ran out of heaters. haha

I hate cheap heaters.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
100 tanks! Are you talking about a store? If not you have to post some pics in another thread.

I havent been shocked yet but I've cracked a couple a heaters like many of us have.

Q

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store