"Always best to meet up with local reefers..."

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
So, I've found myself preaching here about how the best way to get into corals is to look for a local club in your area...So I just wanted to share a story about my adventure yesterday...

Last Friday, I posted a message on the local reefer's forum asking how much I should expect to pay for a nice size piece of Pulsing Xenia.

I got a few replies ranging from '$5 should get you started' to 'Don't do it', and then one from a guy named Ed who said, 'You should really come over to my house...I'll hook you up.'

So, yesterday our scheduled finally clicked and I did go over to his house.

I went in with the intention of coming out with a nice sized piece of Xenia and not paying any more than $20 for it.

I left $40 lighter, but with about 10 baggies full of stuff.

I got 3 heads of Pulsing Xenia on a rock

I got 3 different types of Zoos (one rock even had ~40 polyps on it)

I got 2 kinds of mushrooms

I got some orange digita-something

I got something else I can't remember what it was called.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to get some Xenia was because of a local store I went into the other day. It's got probably the nicest collection of tanks I've ever seen, but he's really proud of his stuff. For example, a true perc goes for $49 there, a cleaner shrimp (small one) for $39, and one head of Xenia we was going to sell me for $39. Basically, he has the nicest stuff you'll find, but definitely wants a premium for stuff.

So, for the cost of what I was going to get 1 thing for at a local store, I got about 10 different things.

So much so, in fact, I'm having a hard time placing the stuff. My stupid turbos keep knocking everything over into my sand.

Anyway, pictures to come this afternoon when I get home, but I just wanted to share.

The best way I've yet found to locate your local club is here:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=80

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
ive been going that route for some time

;) awesome

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
This tread is useless without pics!! But nice steal!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store