feeding clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

i_limantara

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Indonesia
is it ok to feed frozen bloodworms to clowns
my clown fish also eat blood worm.... i think it's blood worm... because it's a red color...

but i will not give it in the frozen condition. ^^

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
just remember, as with all frozen frozen foods, to wash it through a strainer in RO water as the phosphate level in frozen food are quite high...even the frozen foods that state a low phosphate count..I posted a while back, a list of the common manufacturers frozen foods with their respective phosphate levels and you would be surprised how bad they are..

Niko

VickyH

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Medway, Kent
I feed frozen and never knew to put wash in strainer with RO water first - I've benn struggling with high phosphate levels as my tank was originally set up with tap water. Bought RO unit since so will do that in future - thanks!
How long can I keep RO water for before use?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
as long as its kept in a container that stops contamintaion like dust, dirt, childrens fingers etc etc..i would suggest its fine for at least a month..I store a huge barrel of RO water just for top offs and all i do when i take some out id just drag a bucket round in side the container to stir it up....

Niko

VickyH

AC Members
Mar 7, 2007
Medway, Kent
I keep mine in nappy soaking buckets in outside shed (brick built), they have lids on and no kids or dogs go in there. I use it for water changes and topping up of 2 FW tanks too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store