Anyone used this stuff?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
if this is goin in that 55gl substrate should be the last thing you get IMO. reg gravel will wrk fine. also if u do consider the aquariumplant stuff remember the price may look cheaper then eco, but u have to factor in shipping. try a LFS to see if they have some eco or flourite that way u can skip on shipping.

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
I've seen a few threads on other sites and people were pleased with it when they used it. I'm considering using it in a 38g eventually. And when I added shipping into the total for myself, it was cheaper than buying eco. Plus I'd have a little left over for a small tank. :)

If its cheaper for you than Eco with shipping included, try it.

SLH913

AC Members
Mar 9, 2007
Northern Virginia
I am using it in a 20gal heavily planted with cryps and annubia. The plants are doing very well and it is very attractive (almost black). It does tend to drop the ph though, so you have to watch that with fish.

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
Not to steal the thread, but SLH did you see a KH drop? I'm assuming since the pH dropped, that was a result from a KH drop. If you noticed that, how much did the KH drop?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store