sebae anemone SICK?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zad

AC Members
Apr 19, 2007
:help: My sebae anemone appears to be wilting its tentacles are not longer full looking I bought ita week ago my water was just tested and I was little low on calcium I added some last night now the anemone doesn't look so good. Any advice would be great thanks:help:

zad

AC Members
Apr 19, 2007
I was told everything was in range except for calcium being a little low flower pot coral is doing great and so is my torch coral fish are all doing great to

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
It's usually not a good idea to trust the LFS when they say things are fine. It's good to at least hear the actual numbers for the results yourself, better to write them down and keep track of how things change. The best thing to do would be test your water yourself and keep a record of the results, but that's just not for everyone for some reason. I guess I just have a hard time trusting any general LFS employee with the health of my livestock considering how expensive this hobby is.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
It's usually not a good idea to trust the LFS when they say things are fine. It's good to at least hear the actual numbers for the results yourself, better to write them down and keep track of how things change. The best thing to do would be test your water yourself and keep a record of the results, but that's just not for everyone for some reason. I guess I just have a hard time trusting any general LFS employee with the health of my livestock considering how expensive this hobby is.
i wouldnt trust them...and trust me i used to be one...i was always truthful...but my other coworkers werent.

zad

AC Members
Apr 19, 2007
My lights are power compacts from jbj.
Nitrites 0
nitrates 0
saliniy 1.022
ph 8.3
Not sure on calcium levels gotta find test kit for that no local stores had one in.
The tank is a 54 gallon corner with 40 lbs of live sand and 50 lbs of live rock
The sebae seems to be a little better not nearly as deflated longer looks like he moved a little bit from his original spot.

fsn77

AC Moderators
Staff member
Feb 22, 2006
SC
Your salinity is a bit low -- 1.024 - 1.026 would be a better range to be in. Being that low, it could be effecting your anemone.
Otherwise, if the anemone is moving, it's likely seeking out more ideal lighting, more favorable flow, or both.

zad

AC Members
Apr 19, 2007
the tentacles looked good earlier now it all almost closed up does it do that when it moves almost looks like its going in between 2 rocks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store