Cichlid ID please :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Astramorgaine

AC Members
Feb 6, 2007
Southern Indiana
I brought home some new friends with the 55 gal tank I bought, and I know that they're cichlids, I just don't know what kind! I was hoping someone here could help me out. I went surfing awhile ago, and came up with the possibility that they're midas. There is also a peach colored one, but it wouldn't pose for the camera! At any rate, any input would be appreciated!

100_0764.JPG

100_0745.JPG

100_0764.JPG 100_0745.JPG

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
the second one looks very similar to the Cyrtocara moorii "Blue Dolphin" because of the nuchal hump on the head. someone else might have something in it. And the first I cant tell because of the mostly front view only:dance2: . What color is the first one..looks yellowish

Astramorgaine

AC Members
Feb 6, 2007
Southern Indiana
I'll try and get some beter pics tomorrow... I'm already amazed at their personalities. I've had to warn the kids to tread lightly around the tank however, as these guys are startled easily! They went and hid in one corner when I walked past quickly. So, I'm researching and trying to find a match! Thanks for the help :)

jonah

new old member
Dec 1, 2002
Oklahoma
petsforum.com
The second one looks like a male convict (Archocentrus nigrofasciatus, or Cryptoheros nigrofasciatus)to me too. I'm not sure which name they're going by now.

No guess on the first one.

Last edited:

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
they're both convicts..100%

first is a female pink convict, second is a male black convict

Rbishop

Administrator