Help Help Help--injured Goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Well, you can try Melafix on him, then...there's a post on it in General Coldwater. Hawaii_Fantails started the thread, and I responded back and forth with them...you might find it helpful.

goldfish freak

AC Members
Oct 16, 2001
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Make sure that you maintain perfect water quality or the wound will unlikely heal and may even worsen. Perfect water quality means zero ammonia, zero nitrite and nitrate below 40ppm. If perfect water quality is maintained then most minor wounds will heal on their own.
You can try using Melafix as well, this product is known to be pretty good at helping with the healing of a wound. Good luck.

Last edited:

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
No prob...I like to get emergency posts as soon as I see them, and I'm glad to see that others go after them quickly, too! :)

Hawaii_Fantails

AC Members
Apr 21, 2003
Hilo, Hawaii
Visit site
ALoha!

HI Joe!

Hope your fish is doing better. I have been using Melafix for several days on my fish's recent injuries and it seems to be working great!

Thanks to everyone who helped me with that!

Good luck Joe!

Hawaii_Fantails

oranda

AC Members
May 14, 2003
London, GB
Visit site
melafix

Hi Joe - hope your fish is looking his usual cheerful self.

Question for my (at the moment) favourite person. I'm in England so 'scuse the ignorance - what is melafix ?

I use ESHA 2000 and plenty of pampering when I get an injured one which usually only happens when I get down to the spring clean on the 6 foot tank - but it does happen and I would be greatful if you let me have details on Melafix and what it does. Any different from Esha ??

Thanx muchos

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store