Thunder Over Louisville- PICS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
That's what I did all day Saturday, and it was awesome! I had been to Thunder once about 10 years ago, but now that I live here I made it a point to get there again. For those of you who don't know, Thunder Over Louisville is the opening ceremony to the Kentucky Derby Festival. It starts out with an air show, which showcases a bunch of different military aircraft and lasts for pretty much 6 solid hours- that is not an exaggeration! That was really cool, but of course it's very difficult to photograph so no pics there. After the air show ends, the largest fireworks show in North America goes from 9:30-10:00. As always, it was unbelieveable!

Here are some pics I took at Thunder. The pics of the city were taken from the 18th floor of the Brown and Williamson tower, where my BF works. I shot the pics of the fireworks from right by the 2nd St. bridge, which is the bridge that all the fireworks are fired off of. I took the pics with a tripod, and used the fireworks setting on my camera. I used a Nikon Coolpix 8700, 8 MP.

You can see how close we were to the bridge for the fireworks, and if you look closely you'll see the cannons they used for a 21 gun salute, and the truck that brought them in.

If any of you all ever have a chance to go to Thunder, you really should! We had a great time. If any of you did go, post your pics/experiences here!
:D

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
awesome pix.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
No, believe it or not, I don't think I used the zoom at all on the fireworks shots. I was just really close to really huge fireworks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store