many little white dots on my clown anemone fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Do you have any bubbles in your tank. I have had the fear of ich instilled in me lately, so i spent some time looking at my tank last night. My skimmer needed cleaning and was spilling bubbles everywhere and they were sticking to my fish. Looked like little white spots, but turned out to be bubbles. Whew!

dexteryuen

Zoanthids
Apr 7, 2007
Dip your fish into fresh water for a minute, due to osmosis, the white spots should then be gone.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
Dip your fish into fresh water for a minute, due to osmosis, the white spots should then be gone.
if u do this make sure the water is the same ph and temperature...also if the fish starts breathing hard or frantically swimming remove it...also one form of saltwater ich cannot be removed this way due to the fact that it is protected under the slim layer of the fish. good luck though...any update on the fish?

Longinus

American Eel
Mar 18, 2007
midwest
cleaner wrasse are better but dont fare well usually in aquaria.
And are apparently dwindling in number in the wild(I could be wrong on this)

Apparently neon blue gobies will set up cleaning stations as well, and they are pretty nice looking :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store