Breeding Angelfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jenny79

sensation79
Apr 24, 2007
Rocky Ridge Md.
Hello, My name is Jen am i'm new hee. I have been breeding and buying fish for years, but this is the first time i have actually owned angelfish, they r so beautiful and peaceful. Now i have red almost everything out there on breeding angel fish and how hard it is to sex them, I just wanna know if anyone knows any tricks to get them to breed quicker or any sure fine facts to tell male from female, now i have 3 angels now in a 30 gallon tank, 1 is over a year the other 2 r almost a year and tonight i'm going to buy like 3-4 more. But if anyone has any get breeding quick tricks please let me know. Thanks Jen

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
the males and females are very difficult to sex..the ovipositor on the female is a short , thick , blunt tube.
the males is longer and thinner. this is the best way to sex them

some have tried to tell angels apart outside of this but it is hit and miss.
in my case all my males are noticably larger thant the female(this is not always the case)

the males (scalare, domestic) have dstinct foreheads on mine. also not a concrete way.
it is nearly impossible to tell the males from females in the wild angels.

there are no real tricks to getting pairs to form..generally add young angels together and let pairs form.

keep in mind adult angels need a minimum of 10 gal per fish

once pairs form..forget about peaceful...angels will defend their territory from invaders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store